Thursday, January 9, 2014

2014 - Year of the X-Wing

Trench Run - by Wight @ favim.com

"Set S-foils to attack position!" - Red Leader - Battle of Yavin

Hello all!

Welcome to my blog in this year of our Lord 2014.

I hope to publish with more regularity this year.

First up, I have bought into X-Wing the miniatures game by Fantasy Flight Games.

I found starters on clearance at my local Target store for $19.98 each. I promptly bought four of the starter sets. Although I only have two games under my belt using only one of the starter sets I can tell this one is a winner!

It has been receiving rave reviews in the last two years since it debuted. It runs fast and is fun with some surprising tactical depth.

The miniatures are to scale with one another and are manufactured from a hard plastic that holds its shape. Not like the "melting" miniatures from WOTC when they published Starship Battles with their wildly out of scale ships.

For my new years resolutions I hope to play more and polish up my solo gaming capabilities.

I have purchased 2nd edition Firestorm Armada to add to my gaming collection. I hope to drag my buddies into capital scale ship combat and X-wing will sate our need for a furball of a dogfight when needed.

I also would like to start fleshing out my own personal science fiction universe with which to game in.

Again, thanks for reading and I hope to see all of you more often in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment